The comfort and safety of our team members and clients is our number one priority as we prepare to go back to our space at the Mt. Albert Legion Hall. Please review and become familiar with the following new guidelines which have been put into effect with everyone’s best interest in mind.
- ANYONE unwell or showing symptoms will NOT be allowed in the hall, also ANYONE who has travelled in the last 14 days
- Masks/Face Coverings are mandatory in the common areas (front lobby and hall) including the washroom. All participants must keep their masks on until the class starts.
- Our instructors will be taking every precaution and cleaning the hall both before and after every class. We’re asking a lot of extra work from our teachers and as such we will only be opening our doors 5 minutes prior to classes to allow ample time for our teachers to clean. We ask that students wait in their cars or keep a socially distanced spacing from each other if you would like to wait outside.
- When the doors open, we will need to practice patience as we take turns funnelling into the hall. Only 1 student will be allowed in the lobby at one time. Upon entering the lobby, we ask that you remove your shoes and then use the hand sanitizing station. Every participant MUST sanitize their hands. We ask that you to bring a bag, put your shoes in the bag and bring your shoes in the bag to your spot in the hall. Please move into the hall quickly to remove your coat and set up your mat so the next participant can make their way in.
- As you come into the yoga class, please set up your mat on one of the marked areas on the floor (these are conveniently spaced 2 meters apart from each other as per Health Canada guidelines). The center of your mat goes in the square.
- When the inclement weather arrives, you will be required to leave your shoes/boots in the front lobby in a bag (you supply the bag). At the end of class, participants will retrieve their shoes/boots in a bag from the lobby while social distancing and exit out through the Legion Hall kitchen and make their way to the back exit. You will put your shoes/boots on at that location before leaving the building.
- You will be given a Clorox Wipe upon entering class. You will be asked to use the cloth to wipe the floor around the outside of your yoga mat when finished your class.
- Each participant needs to sign a new consent and health screening form the first time they are back to on-site classes after re-opening. Conditions have changed and as such we are obliged to update our client profiles and to ensure that each client understands any risks involved in attending classes during a pandemic. Please arrive 15 minutes early on the 1st night to allow for time to sign the new consent and health screening form.
- No drop in’s or 5 or 10 class pass holders will be permitted.
- Class size will be capped at 10 participants to allow for 6ft of social distancing on all sides.
- The washroom will only be available for emergencies. The washroom will be sanitized periodically, however if you use the washroom, you are kindly asked to use the provided paper towel and disinfectant to carefully wipe down the flush button, faucet and inside/outside doorknobs.
- Please practice careful handwashing after using the washroom.
- Classes will be starting promptly on time. Latecomers will not be allowed into the class once the class has started.
- Cell phones must be turned off in class.
- We ask that you leave purses in your car. Please only bring to class your yoga mat, wallet, keys and water.
- No props (blocks, straps, etc) will be supplied. Please bring your own if needed.
- Only one door will be used for entry/exit to the hall. Please use the door with the wheel chair ramp for entry and the back door from the hall for exiting and we ask that you respectfully social distance as you leave the room.
- Please sanitize your hands AFTER class.
- High Touch surfaces will be sanitized after each class
- We would like to ask each class participant remember and respect the cleaning time your instructor needs after class to prepare for the next class. As much as we love to chat and spend time with everyone after class, we’re asking a lot from our instructors and their time right now and ask for everyone to help them manage a more demanding schedule by clearing out of the building as soon as class is finished in a socially distanced manner. Our teachers can’t begin their cleaning until ALL participants have left the building.