As many of you know, I’ve been dealing with Parkinson’s disease for over 7 years. I’ve been very fortunate that my Parkinson’s has progressed fairly slowly during this time. As long I took my meds as directed, my life was pretty “normal”.
However, things have changed in the past 6 months. My symptoms have been getting much worse, much faster than in the past. I’ve had to increase my meds and make new accommodations in my life.
It’s been scary and it’s been easy to feel down but I’m trying to stay focussed on all the positives in my life.
I know I have to continue moving forward because I’ve still got too much living to do. I’ve got grandchildren I want to see grow up, I’ve got places in this world that I want to see and I’ve got more things I want to accomplish in my life.
We’re all dealt with situations in our lives that we did not anticipate. But I believe we can fight and make the best of those bad situations.
My plan to deal with this new phase of my Parkinson’s disease is as follows:
I’m going to continue:
1. Exercising to keep my body strong and healthy
2. Eating nutritious foods to fuel my body
3. Working on my business to keep my mind agile
4. Socializing with my friends to stay feeling connected
5. Networking with other “Parkies” to not feel alone in my journey
6. Listening to webinars, podcasts and audiobooks to stay educated
7. Listening to my body and do what’s best for me that day
And I’m not going to give up…..because Parkinson’s is not going to win this fight!